Actions You Can Take to Support the campaign for a REAL PARK at Hastings Park:
1. City Council approved the Hastings Park Master Plan on December 14, 2010. In 2013 City Council finally initiated its Governance Review of Hastings Park, with plans to decide on a governance model in June 2013. Write to Mayor Gregor Robertson and tell him why you are not satisfied with City Council’s decision(s) or “open house” approach for gathering community input.
Phone: 604-873-7621 Fax: 604-873-7685
Mailing address: Vancouver City Hall, 453 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Y 1V4
2. Send letters to the Editor to the Courier, Sun, Province, Georgia Straight.
3. Talk to your friends and neighbours about why we need to take a STAND for Hastings Park, and particularly why we need the Board of Parks and Recreation to be in charge of governing the park!
4. Take a walk in the Sanctuary (free parking if you say you are going to Sanctuary) or attend one of the free Nature Walks hosted monthly by volunteers from the Hastings Park Conservancy (an education and environmental society dedicated to the stewardship of green space in Hastings Park).
5. Get on the Friends of Hastings Park mailing list:
6. Keep informed about actions and new developments by visiting our blog, and attend our events:
Hastings Park Needs All of Us to Take a STAND! Put the Parks Board in charge of Hastings Park!