The FOHP Steering Committee has requested an information table at the following event. We hope some of you will come out to what will be a very interesting afternoon. Come see us at our Friends of Hastings Park table!
Water IS Life: A discussion of what healthy water means for us all
a FREE symposium hosted by the False Creek Watershed Society
Saturday, May 19th from 1:00-4:30 PM
Roundhouse Community Centre, Yaletown
Event Info here
Everyone welcome / Free Event
Snacks / Wheelchair accessible
Hope to see you there! Please forward!
Water is Life Event
Confirmed speakers are (see the full list on FCWS website):
- Celia Brauer: False Creek Watershed Society – sewers, runoff, beach health, our special events, engaging the public
- Bryn Davidson: St. George’s Creek Blueway – daylighting a city street
- Christianne Wilhelmson: Georgia Strait Alliance – sewage treatment in Vancouver
- Dr. John Richardson, Professor: Aquatic and Riparian Ecology, UBC – The Fraser River – North Arm and Estuary health
- Sven Biggs: Wilderness Committee – tankers in Burrard inlet
- Andrea Reimer, Councillor:City of Vancouver – GreenestCity Initiative
There will be presentations, Q & A, breakout discussions, First Nations participation, environmental group tables etc.
The film will be “Rise of the Salmon People” by Jeremy Williams
With displays by (full list on the FCWS website):VAPOR, Still Moon Society (Renfrew Ravine), Friends of Hastings Park, Fraser Riverkeepers, BC Water and Waste Association, Salmon are Sacred, VAPOR (Fuel port proposal for YVR), Lost Creek Fen, Stop the Pave, presenters and more.
Partners: City of Vancouver Greenest City, City of Vancouver – Sewers and Water, St. George’s Blueway, Roundhouse Community Centre, Wilderness Committee, Georgia Strait Alliance, Village Vancouver, North Shore Wetland Partners, City Studio.